[zathura] ~/.config/zathurarc ignored lubuntu
bhairu
2014-12-26 13:49:24 UTC
I use lubuntu 14.10 and zatura from lubuntu repos. It seems that zathura
ignores my zathurarc file. I have the following entries. I also tried
starting each line with o as on some page (which I cannot find now). Zatura
remembers the zoom of a file when I re-open it. I would really like to get
it to open maximized with fit width for every file by default. Thank you.

set ADJUST-OPEN width
map <C-i> zoom in
map <C-o> zoom out
set WINDOW-HEIGHT 600
set WINDOW-WIDTH 1200
Sebastian Ramacher
2014-12-26 16:29:03 UTC
Hi

from the subject it seems like you are missing a zathura in the path. The config
file is read from ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc.
Post by bhairu
I use lubuntu 14.10 and zatura from lubuntu repos. It seems that zathura
ignores my zathurarc file. I have the following entries. I also tried
starting each line with o as on some page (which I cannot find now). Zatura
remembers the zoom of a file when I re-open it. I would really like to get
it to open maximized with fit width for every file by default. Thank you.
set ADJUST-OPEN width
map <C-i> zoom in
map <C-o> zoom out
set WINDOW-HEIGHT 600
set WINDOW-WIDTH 1200
The setting names should be in lower case.

Cheers
Sebastian Ramacher
bhairu
2014-12-26 19:27:37 UTC
Post by Sebastian Ramacher
Hi
from the subject it seems like you are missing a zathura in the path. The config
file is read from ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc.
Sorry, my mistake in the subject line. I do have ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc

Another thing: there is no /etc/zathurarc, and I could not find (with find
command) anywhere else a default zathurarc.
Sebastian Ramacher
2014-12-26 19:47:28 UTC
Post by Sebastian Ramacher
file is read from ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc.
Sorry, my mistake in the subject line. I do have ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc
Another thing: there is no /etc/zathurarc, and I could not find (with find
command) anywhere else a default zathurarc.
Because there is none. zathura checks if /etc/zathurarc exists and if it does,
the file is read.

Cheers
Sebastian Ramacher
bhairu
2014-12-27 10:54:56 UTC
Post by Sebastian Ramacher
Because there is none. zathura checks if /etc/zathurarc exists and if it does,
the file is read.
Could you please tell me how to fix the problem that settings in my
zathurarc file are ignored. Now I am trying the following settings.

set adjust_open width
map [fullscreen] left navigate previous
map [fullscreen] right navigate next

Or is my syntax incorrect? Is it that the left and right arrow keys cannot
be re-mapped? I really prefer to use them for page navigation.

As I said in my previous message, I have kept the zathurarc file in the
correct location ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc ven though in the subject line
of my message I gave a wrong path.

Thank you for the help and a great pdf reader!
Sebastian Ramacher
2014-12-27 17:21:44 UTC
Post by bhairu
Post by Sebastian Ramacher
Because there is none. zathura checks if /etc/zathurarc exists and if it does,
the file is read.
Could you please tell me how to fix the problem that settings in my
zathurarc file are ignored. Now I am trying the following settings.
set adjust_open width
It's adjust-open.
Post by bhairu
map [fullscreen] left navigate previous
map [fullscreen] right navigate next
The left and right arrow keys are special keys. They need to be in angle
brackets and the first letter needs to be in upper case (<Left>, <Right>). See
zathurarc(5) for more details.

Cheers
Sebastian Ramacher
bhairu
2014-12-28 15:37:54 UTC
Post by Sebastian Ramacher
It's adjust-open.
Post by bhairu
map [fullscreen] left navigate previous
map [fullscreen] right navigate next
The left and right arrow keys are special keys. They need to be in angle
brackets and the first letter needs to be in upper case (<Left>, <Right>).
Thank you. That worked.