[zathura] Open links with...
Stefan Klinger
2014-05-09 12:48:23 UTC

by default, zathura seems to launch `xdg-open` to follow a link. Can
this be configured?

Thanks,
Stefan
--
Stefan Klinger o/klettern
/\/ bis zum
http://stefan-klinger.de
Sebastian Ramacher
2014-05-09 13:05:59 UTC
Post by Stefan Klinger
Hi,
by default, zathura seems to launch `xdg-open` to follow a link. Can
this be configured?
At the moment I don't think that's possible. What are you trying to
achieve? Do you want to change the application that is launched to
follow a link? In this case it should be possible to change the default
in your DE (if you are using one) or use xdg-mime to set the application
to handle a specific mimetype.

Cheers
Sebastian Ramacher
Stefan Klinger
2014-05-09 15:13:12 UTC
What are you trying to achieve? Do you want to change the
application that is launched to follow a link?
I don't want to leave the decision to xdg-open. In fact, I want to
make zathura launch a different viewer (in some cases) than the
dafault.
In this case it should be possible to change the default in your DE
(if you are using one) or use xdg-mime to set the application to
handle a specific mimetype.
Also, following the KISS principle, I don't have a DE. If possible at
all, I'd rather discard xdg-utils entirely, which I consider broken
and bloated.

Cheers,
Stefan