[zathura] location of bookmarks
Jorge Almeida
2015-05-22 09:08:54 UTC
Where are saved bookmarks kept? IOW, if I need to use zathura to view
identical files in different computers, what do I need to synchronize
to make sure the same bookmarks are available?

Thanks,

Jorge Almeida
Moritz Lipp
2015-05-22 11:47:43 UTC
Hello Jorge,

Quoting Jorge Almeida (2015-05-22 11:08:54)
Post by Jorge Almeida
Where are saved bookmarks kept? IOW, if I need to use zathura to view
identical files in different computers,
The default location of bookmarks is ~/.local/share/zathura/bookmarks.kkk

Post by Jorge Almeida
what do I need to synchronize to make sure the same bookmarks are available?
One problem might be that they rely on the path where the file is located, so
you need to make sure that they are the same on both computers.

Best regards,
Moritz
Jorge Almeida
2015-05-22 13:20:18 UTC
Post by Jorge Almeida
Where are saved bookmarks kept? IOW, if I need to use zathura to view
The default location of bookmarks is ~/.local/share/zathura/bookmarks.kkk
OK, I would expect ~/.config/zathura/, but this is good enough.
Post by Jorge Almeida
what do I need to synchronize to make sure the same bookmarks are available?
One problem might be that they rely on the path where the file is located, so
you need to make sure that they are the same on both computers.
A few symlinks can take care of that. The real problem is that a
unique bookmark file keeps the info about all read files. Unless one
is sure that the computers are in sync re all read files, this makes
synchronizing the bookmark file impractical/unsafe. A bookmark file
per read file would be much easier to deal with (think maildir vs.
mbox format).

Thanks

Jorge